It is possible to set up courses or training sessions that are not in this course catalogue upon request, depending on the needs of airports and airlines. These courses can be designed either for non-specialists, in the form of informational seminars, or for experienced WHP agents, in the form of specialization seminars on specific themes.
Here below are a few examples :
- Wildlife hazard management and protection against H5N1 virus or other potential pandemic outbreaks
- Business continuity planning for airports
- Ornithology (bird recognition and knowledge, injured bird handling, bird banding and telemetry, species identification from corpses and remains)
- Airport environmental management (grassland, wasteland, wetland, agricultural zones, buildings and infrastructures)
- Wildlife hazard prevention and identification of bird for air traffic controllers
- Methods of active prevention against birds (firearms, pyrotechnic cartridges, distress calls, synthetic sounds)
- Environmental impact assessments and compensatory measures
Because each airport has its own characteristics, it is unfortunately impossible to complete an assessment and propose specific solutions for a given airport during courses.
Airports that have specific needs can ask for an audit in order to provide an evaluation of the current situation. It is then possible to propose specific solutions and appropriately adapted courses to the airport operator.